header
Alisa Maya
HOME ABOUT Others
Love letter to a younger self (part 1)
Sunday, October 26, 2014 • 7:11 PM
I guess deep down I knew that I couldn't keep away from this space for long. Also,  more people than I thought were both surprised and disappointed when I said  I was going to stop blogging. So anyways, I'm back.

Here's a letter I would write by hand and deliver personally to my younger self.

Dear younger self,

I wish I could tell you what I know now, that real long-lasting satisfaction doesn't come from academic achievement. I wish you could know about the moment of realisation and pure happiness that you will receive one nondescript Friday, when you're 20 and eating some really good spaghetti for lunch I wish that I could tell you that in that moment, you will have a sudden and deep appreciation for the food in front of you and that you will realise that maybe it is truly moments like that, that count. You will realise that: This is it. This simple joy, is what you've been searching for all your life, it's been right in front of you, but out of reach because you didn't dare believe it was so easy. 


Dear younger self, I want you to know that you were wiser when you were so much wiser when you were 14 than you ever thought. But don't be disheartened, don't worry that all those years you'll take to figure out that you already have the key to true contentment in your back pocket, are a waste. Because your fits of insecurity will teach you the value of being vulnerable and show you just how ugly yet powerful you can be. And one day you will learn to accept yourself, the terribly ugly parts and the heartbreakingly beautiful parts. But most of all, dear younger self, I want you to know that the pain and fear that seems so great, may never go away but you will find a way to be okay. As long as you can accept being okay. 


Love, 

Your older self




PASTFUTURE
THE WRITER

some_text

Alisa Maya
19
Student
Aspiring writer


BLOG ARCHIVE

  • Betrayal is betrayal, wherever you find it. Farewe...
  • People Like You and Me
  • Kinship with an almost stranger
  • The truth about living with anxiety.
  • Really?
  • When we can see what we want for what it is,
  • On race, religion and everything we don't want to ...
  • At this point I'm really just talking to myself,
  • Okay, at this point I'm treating this space like a...
  • This is not a story of a love affair

  • LINKS

    Site Site Site Site








    Copyright © Alisa Maya
    Blog Design by Qi Yin