header
Alisa Maya
HOME ABOUT Others
A modern "coming to know" story
Tuesday, March 24, 2015 • 8:36 PM


A modern "coming to know" story


A persistent awakeness of mine brought me to know of his final sleep.

 From the dim glow of an iPhone screen, a photo from the Facebook profile of the minister.

A few quick scrolls and the news reports let me know that it was confirmed. It was 4.20a.m. What does it mean to know things in the twilight hour?

25 minutes pass. Nothing seems to have changed. I am waiting for something to happen.

It is 4.45 a.m.  I look out and from my bedroom window I see the first train depart from the berth.  It is a new day.

Tributes in black and white will light up all screens for the next 7 days.

But at 4.45. a.m, just that while before all the people know,  everything is as it always has been and always will be. 






PASTFUTURE
THE WRITER

some_text

Alisa Maya
19
Student
Aspiring writer


BLOG ARCHIVE

  • Personal/Relief
  • How do we treat children with special needs, their...
  • A lengthier explanation for my absence on this space.
  • I've been away for quite a while because I've deci...
  • Control
  • Hi again
  • This moment
  • The difficulty of being present.
  • The Kristina Pimenova standard of beauty
  • Hello!

  • LINKS

    Site Site Site Site








    Copyright © Alisa Maya
    Blog Design by Qi Yin