header
Alisa Maya
HOME ABOUT Others
Please take a moment to breathe before going back to being a producer.
Wednesday, April 8, 2015 • 7:45 PM
This is the middle of week 12 of the 2nd semester of the academic year.


This semester is proving to be most tiring only now. I honestly thought I would have things planned out more by this time. This time last year I was an ambitious freshman who'd secured a summer internship. This year I don't have anything planned that I believe will help my resume. After I come back from the Spain trip, I am hoping to sit down and work on the collection of writings that I've been slowly putting together. But I honestly have so much anxiety now. I am wondering if I will ever finish my collection and even then will it be good enough to be published? Will my hopes and plans for the Yale-NUS and NUS collaborations come to fruition? One of my greatest fears is mediocrity, a close second to that is the fear that I would have wasted time and energy and end up achieving nothing out of it. I am honestly at a point in my life when I feel like I have to move to action and try new things but I don't know if I have what it takes to be that kind of person. I honestly feel weak and small. Even if I go through with my plans, will it matter? Would I truly have made a difference? Maybe I'm just tired.







PASTFUTURE
THE WRITER

some_text

Alisa Maya
19
Student
Aspiring writer


BLOG ARCHIVE

  • A modern "coming to know" story
  • Personal/Relief
  • How do we treat children with special needs, their...
  • A lengthier explanation for my absence on this space.
  • I've been away for quite a while because I've deci...
  • Control
  • Hi again
  • This moment
  • The difficulty of being present.
  • The Kristina Pimenova standard of beauty

  • LINKS

    Site Site Site Site








    Copyright © Alisa Maya
    Blog Design by Qi Yin